How to Measure a Current Belt
Measuring a well-fitting belt (not curved or stretched out) you already own is the best way to determine your belt size.
- Lay the belt on a clean, flat surface.
- Start the tape measure at the hole you currently use and measure to the end of the belt, where it meets the buckle (not the end of the buckle).
- Belts are measured in inches and you should round up to the nearest inch.
- If you measure 36 inches, you will want to purchase a size 36 belt. If you are measuring an old belt that has already contoured (has that curve in the back) to your body – we recommend you use the “cloth tape measure” method below to obtain the correct measurement.
- If your current belt is curved, you will not get an accurate measurement for your new belt.
How to Measure Your Body for Belt Size
- To measure your body for optimal belt size, start by threading a cloth tape measure through the belt loops of your trousers/jeans/slacks. It’s important to stand in a relaxed, natural position–do not push out your belly or suck it in when taking the measurement.
- The measuring tape should be snug. Measure in inches and round to the nearest inch. This will be your belt size you will provide to us.
- If you don’t have a flexible measuring tape, use a piece of twine or string, mark the spot using the measuring method for a cloth tape.
- Lay the string/twine on a flat surface and lay your measuring tape alongside the string/twine. This will give you the proper belt size.
How to Choose a Belt Size based on Pant Size
An easy way to determine belt size is to simply “add 2″ to your off-the-rack trouser size.
- For example, if you wear a 36” waist trouser, then a 38-belt size will be a safe bet. Most will find this simple formula works best for pants worn at a traditional height–close to the natural waistline.
Pant Size to Belt Size
- If your pants size = 32, choose belt size = 34
- If your pants size = 34, choose belt size = 36
- If your pants size = 36, choose belt size = 38
- If your pants size = 38, choose belt size = 40
Note: Belt Sizes shown in US standard size.